Entrepreneurship offers a number of advantages (e.g., flexibility, freedom and creative control), as well as unique challenges and concerns (e.g., how to navigate change, maintain growth and profitability, and find work-life balance). Entrepreneurial coaching is one of the greatest investments you can make in your career and your company.
Our entrepreneurial coaching services have helped many individuals successfully start, manage and grow their own businesses and we can help you:
- Evaluate whether entrepreneurship is the right career move for you
- Catapult your entrepreneurial vision into reality
- Grow your company strategically and increase profitability
- Build better leadership and language skills to drive greater results
"Jody Michael helped me get back in touch with my true passions and ambitions. After spending 16 turbulent years at the VP level in several Fortune 500 companies, I thought I had all the answers. Nevertheless, I decided to use Jody as my Executive Coach to ‘keep me honest’ during my next job search.
… Today, I’m much happier, healthier and professionally fulfilled because Jody helped me listen to what my inner self has been telling me for a long time.”
– Mike M., Small Business Owner, Former Fortune 500 VP
Choosing the Right Entrepreneurial Coach
Here are the most crucial factors to look for in an entrepreneurial coach:
- Extensive entrepreneurial experience
- Great entrepreneurial success — and failure: Given the enormity of experience that comes with such failure, there is great value in a coach’s ability to integrate what they learned from their own loss and how they rebounded from adversity.
- Strong coaching experience and training: Instead of simply asking how many years they have been coaching (they may have coached for 15 years, but only worked with 50 clients during that time), ask about the number of one-on-one coaching hours they have; generally, it takes about 10,000 hours to reach a level of mastery.
- Coaching certifications: These can help distinguish those with formal training from those who rely solely on their previous corporate experience.
Betsy T., Executive Recruiter, Executive and Entrepreneurial Coaching
Not only do each of our coaches have vast experience from the corporate world, but many have also run their own companies. In addition, at Jody Michael Associates, we:
- Are led by Jody Michael, a Board Certified Coach and Master Certified Coach (a distinction held by fewer than 3% of coaches in North America)
- Have over 20 years of coaching experience, with over 35,000 one-on-one coaching hours
- Have built one of the most successful coaching companies in the country
- Have worked with a wide range of organizations, from small businesses to market leaders including Abbott, BP, Chicago Symphony Orchestra, KPMG, PayPal and Sara Lee
- Have been featured on MSNBC Primetime, CNN, NBC's "Today Show" and NPR
Contact us to learn how our entrepreneurial coaching services can help you reach and exceed your business goals.
Read more about our clients' entrepreneurial coaching success stories.
Take Your Company to the Next Level.
Accountability = Productivity
Achieve greater results through more effective conversations. Our Accountability Mirror workshop teaches individuals, teams and leaders a metric-based language framework, tools and strategies to immediately reach a higher level of performance.